The Baltics Food Rating
Time for what did I eat and how was it during the Baltic Trip?
I think this one is a Russian restaurant, one of the first places with ate at in Lithuania. The food was decent but interesting, the dumplings and noodle were like European version of the Chinese dumplings and noodles I was used to, I rate it a 7/10.
This was a local restaurant also in Lithuania, expensive and fancy, apparently it was on a Michelin list and was recommended to us by a bar maid. But it was okay I guess, didn't really match the price. Service was a10/10 but food was 6.5/10.
This restaurant also served local food, we were trying to try all the local food in the Baltics. The rye garlic bread was so good but the rest is fine, about a 6/10 excluding the bread, the bread is a 10.
This was a restaurant on an island, also a local restaurant with about an average price. It was decent, 6/10. The fish was horrible though 2/10 for that one.
This next restaurant was almost like a pub. The first dish was interesting, it was sausage casing filled with potatoes. The dessert was also not bad, though no matter how much I ate, I still couldn't tell what the green thing was. 7.5/10
This was a restaurant we found while on the road, it was quite packed so we gave it a try. They served bread and butter but there 3 different butters all flavored differently. There was dill, nuts and paprika, it seemed the Baltics really loved their dill as we saw a trend among the dishes. It was all fine but the second dish, the gizzard baked rice seemed more like porridge than anything else. 7/10



This was another fancy restaurant, I think this was in Estonia, high ratings and on the more expensive side. It was good, we tried elk and it tasted kind of like beef, my favorite was the orzo though (the last dish). Food was an 8/10.
This was another memorable one, the town we were in was quite small and there were not a lot of restaurants so we just searched the closest one with a decent rating. However, it ended up being one of our favorites. It was a buffet type place but with extremely limited choices but their food was delicious. I also tried their pavlova (my most favorite dessert) and it was the best I ever had, my parents who are not huge sweet tooths only had nice things to say about it. In fact, I even went and got a second slice despite eating 2 slices of cake the same morning. 10/10 would go back again.



The final restaurant was back in Lithuania, it was a popular and highly recommended restaurant. Funnily enough, the restaurant's name is Lido and that translates to 'here' in Cantonese so whenever I was talking to my family we would say here and end up saying Lido. The restaurant was similar to Ikea but the dishes were pretty good. I'd give it a solid 9/10.























Comments
Post a Comment